New member intrductions 13/02/2021

Welcome aboard new members! :wave:

Please help us grow and invite your friends :people_holding_hands:

This is a relatively new space we can get together outside of the constant-on, and constant-scroll of facebook and discuss topics affecting Eastleigh Borough, in which we live. We started this as we believe Facebook is unhealthy, and our aim is to improve open discussion on issues affecting Eastleigh.

To improve accessibility, we have an iPhone and Android app now available on the Android Google Play Store, and Apple AppStore. This has been updated this week to support iPads.

Please join in - give us a hello or a wave!

• How did you find out about the forum and what promoted you to join?
  • What do you most hope to get out of it?
  • How can we help?

Just add a reply using the blue reply button at the bottom.

@Skyhi
@Tanya
@ChrisMac
@Melanie_Tellwright
@JC13
@SweetShack
@associ
@Sammiibubbles
@Safina_Hussein
@Tim66
@JonDramas
@KhanWhite
@Elljay1955
@Keith
@Elizabeth_Price
@bksbuildingandroofig
@AngeDay
@rgraft
@rossetti
@gez
@David_Foot
@Edimaria
@jcb354

1 Like

I like to keep informed of local issues but I cant stand the stress and negativity of Facebook so was glad I could participate away from that

2 Likes

Good to hear! @Sammiibubbles! I absolutely agree with you and that’s one big reason why Eastleigh Online was created.

Facebooks business policy is to keep people as active and engaged as possible which unfortunately I think ends up leading to inevitable conflict. They have no real interest in squishing or discouraging the arguments. Quite the opposite- their algorithms promote those ones to the top of more people’s news feeds.

I remember the good old days when Facebook used to be about keeping up to date with your friends! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the email regarding this. It’ll be nice to be part of a hopefully troll free forum.

3 Likes

Thanks Rob! That’s the aim! The idea of Eastleigh Online is to build a community where we all play a part in its administration and upkeep, not just specific ‘admin’ or ‘moderators’.

Hopefully it is smarter than facebook at promoting healthy debate. The more you get involved (reading, liking, being liked, posting, and not being flagged) the more trusted you become. If you spot anything you think is wrong, try talking to the individual first, or press “flag” to report it.

Depending on your trust level, flagging a post can make action take place immediately automatically without any admin or moderator intervention. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome Adam :blush:

2 Likes