Contact email@example.com for general enquiries, or firstname.lastname@example.org to reach the Data Protection officer
The processing of personal data, such as the name, address, e-mail address of a data subject shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We collect only basic information from you when you use our app, or register on our site, namely your name (if you choose to provide it), username, and email address. During your time participating in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here we will collect additional information on your usage.
When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.
Your email address is not visible to anyone else on the site unless you choose to share it with them. The only people with access to your email address are site administrators.
Data stored on this site residents in the UK.
We’re always interested in how we can improve.
We use the discussion software discourse to power the discussion forum which also records and stores analytics about activity on the site.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognise your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older. If this server is in the USA, and you are under the age of 13, per the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), do not use this site.
- Right to be informed: We will inform you if we intend to share your private data with any 3rd parties.
- Right of access: We will provide you with a copy of all data we hold on you on request.
- Right of rectification: We will correct any information which is inaccurate about you.
- Right to be forgotten or deleted: We will on request anonymise posts made by you, but we reserve the right to keep the content you produced otherwise this may leave significant gaps in readability and forum usage for other users. You can request your user data is removed either from your profile page, or by emailing email@example.com
- Right to object: You have a right to not agree to the way we use data and suggest an alternative method. You also have the option to unsubscribe and anonymise your activity.
This document was last updated 14/05/2022