This post is part of a community led project to archive all local political leaflets to improve transparency and enable local discussion. See more
Hit the blue reply button if you have feedback
Sukhdev Raj says “Hampshire independents is not aligned with any national party. This gives me the flexibility to do what is right for Eastleigh Central rather than what is right for my party”.
Police & Crime Commissioner Candidate
Steve James-Bailey is the right person for the role of Police and Crime Commissioner. Former custody sergeant and community beat officer for Hampshire Constabulary, Steve has first hand experience, both at street level and as a desk officer. With 23 years of practical experience, there is no one better. Steve says “Policing can only work with the consent and cooperation of the community. Current policing practices exclude the people who matter: You, the public”.
His local policing plan aims to:
- Reintroduce community constables.
- Actively confront rural crime.
- Tackle inner town anti social behaviour with proactive policing.
- Improve 101 and face to face reporting of crime.
- Develop “pop-up” police stations in empty shops.
- We need to bring back Markets and car boot sales to encourage consumers to return to the town centre including free parking at off-peak times and introduce incentives for new business.
- Its outrageous and unfair you have to pay for parking in front of your own home while elsewhere in the borough is free. This stealth tax needs to be abolished.
- One of my ideas for Grantham Green would be to return it to a green and incorporate fencing/lighting to make it a safe environment to everyone to use.
- Support infrastructure before house building.
- Bring manufacturing back to Hampshire.
- Local government to buy services locally.
- Encourage community child care schemes.
- Council-controlled social housing.
- Return Councillors allowances to the community.
- Support community transport schemes.
- More visible patrols of Police and PCSO’s.
NB: This leaflet is apparently on glossy paper, so not recyclable - fail!