Ukraine help

Slightly doomscrolling through the news and wondering if there’s anything we could do in Eastleigh collectively to help Ukraine. Not entirely sure what though: organise an open letter (who to?), suggesting legitimate organisations for donations, something else?

Any thoughts?

A small thing, but maybe something practical that could help.

We have a small flat out in Berlin. It is maybe 35sqm with bed, kitchen and shower. Would suit a mother with a young child.

On the off chance anyone knows someone like this who has had to flee, if they can get to Berlin they are welcome to use the flat until they can back on their feet. I would fly out to Berlin to meet them to orientate or my mate out there could do so.

There is some paperwork that would need to be sorted (it is Germany afterall!), and I would need to check a few things with our lawyers out there, but I should be able to work with them to take care of that. I would probably need to visit the lawyer with the people being put up.

PM me if you know someone. Might be better than hanging around somewhere random for weeks or months on end.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Based on our MP defending the Home Secretary’s misinformation today, this seems like a worthwhile open letter to sign…

A few more things I’ve spotted recently…

…although money is probably more useful if you can afford to donate…

There’s also a petition which is getting close to the 100,000 to be considered for a debate in Parliament…

Looks like the council has a list as well now…