The missing candidates of this election

Not quite sure I understand (and want to know if I did something wrong)…

I started the thread in the Eastleigh Politics main thread, not the leaflets thread. It’s just crammed full of leaflets (because its a sub thread)… oh the irony.

But other “non leaflet” threads have also been started in Eastleigh Politics, so just want to make sure you’re not seeing it in the PL thread.

My mistake, it was another thread which @afdy split out of one of the leaflet threads. The hustings one maybe? Sorry for the confusion, I’m still getting used to this forum.

I think we’re all still getting used to it as its very new, myself included!

Apologies if I caused confusion @DazzaRPD, its definitely not you :slight_smile:

To clarify what happened; Your post “bit of a rant post - missing candidates this election” was originally a post made in the Eastleigh Election hustings thread. It seemed like a different topic to me and so I thought I’d try splitting it to make it easier for casual later readers interested in one topic. You can see where it originally split from as the original Eastleigh Election Hustings contains a link to this thread which looks like this:

Splitting topics is a handy feature which to keep topics on focus and make it easier for a casual reader who is interested in just the one topic only (most of our readers, I think). You can see this frequently going wrong on Facebook as for example you may have a post about a lost dog, which can turn into an argument about the price of fish. This solution allows the clever fish priced people continue their conversation unhindered without upsetting the lost dog owner.

It works well if the posts are very separate topics (Missing candidates seemed very different to arranging a hustings). The drawback is it seems to cause confusion as it doesn’t inform people actively involved in the thread enough. I’m thinking if i use the feature again I should insert a staff notice to let people know it has been split.

Who can split topics?
Short answer = just me right now!
Longer answer = Admin, moderators, or level 4 trusted people. No members have yet achieved level 4, and only two members have achieved level 3. Technically i’m the only admin / moderator right now, though I’ll hopefully be looking to add more soon as one person is easily fallible. :slight_smile: