EBC Attendance Record - 2021 Council

After all the controversy of YouTube, it is worth noting that Eastleigh’s Full Council meeting will be broadcast here

1 Like

I hope your child’s surgery has gone (or will go) as planned, and hope they make a full recovery

Successful surgery and although in pain will make a good recovery. Sadly I missed part of the meeting due to the sound issue but was logged in. Looking forward to being at the July meeting in person.

1 Like

Full Council Meeting Review - 27 May 2021:

Attendance being updated by EBC as I write this - so far 21 of 25 Councillors attended - but this is being updated and I’m sure EBC will do the full list soon. Most of the FB focus lately is on Cllr Bearder, who sent his apologies

Meeting duration - 62 minutes.

The local plan modifications were in focus today. While unfortunate sound issues blighted the meeting, when the streaming did get underway with sound, Councillors were discussing the local plan. 8 Councillors were heard in total.

Many Councillors supported it, and the motion was carried. However there were questions and a growing sense of unhappiness from the Bishy Independents (Cllr Tidridge and Cllr Parker-Jones) due to some of the wording in the Plan, and the increasing lack of gaps between the areas and neighbouring areas (for example Fair Oak and Colden Common) and a question on certain text of the plan was asked (and went unanswered) from Cllr Broomfield.

A big point is that the Strategic Growth Option (SGO) is NOT part of the Local Plan and has been removed

Cllr House closed the point saying that the local plan is good for Eastleigh, and it will still keep areas distinct and not coalesce, and also allow EBC to keep developers in check. There was mention of the various site types which will be developed on. The concerns of the Bishy Independents were dismissed by both Cllr House and Cllr Bicknell before him

There were 2 members of the public also present at the meeting. The next Full Council meeting is on 22 July 2021 at 7pm at the Holiday Inn

1 Like

Darren, your googling of SGO was maybe a touch ‘slap dash’.

In this instance SGO stands for Strategic Growth Option, whilst Special Guardianship Order relates to child protection! :smirk::+1:

Damn, picked the wrong acronym. Thank you will duly edit

2 Likes

I have asked the Council’s Democratic Services to confirm the attendance of yesterday’s meeting. Until such time as they do it, unfortunately the Tally will look “odd”.

I will update as soon as they’ve updated

2 Likes

Tally updated.

3 keep their somewhat unwanted record of 100% missed with no explanation given.

Cllr Marsh has at least provided her reasons.
5 people missed the Council meeting on the 27th. Only new entry this week was Councillor Bearder

3 Likes

Meeting was cancelled for 22 July. No reason that I can find and can’t remember seeing any news etc., about it. Anyone know what happened and if the meeting will be rescheduled?

November 2021 and February 2022 seem a long time to wait.

(Tagging known Cllrs - @TParkEastleighN , @Lou , @StevenBroomfield , @Gin_Tidridge , @Alexbourne , @IndyCentral1 , @Michelle )

It was cancelled due to increasing Covid rates. A full meeting of HCC due on the same day was also cancelled. Smaller meetings (for example, Scrutiny Panels) which involve fewer people, and which can be more easily socially distanced, proceed as normal.

1 Like

Hi I believe it was the decision of the leader in consultation with the Chief Executive due to the delta spike and the venue not being able to operate in a way to make it covid compliant with so many people, ventilation etc. The same thing happened at Hampshire County Council. The advice I believe was if decisions could wait then they should.

2 Likes

It’s a pity they can’t still be held remotely

1 Like

Tally has been updated. 2 Councillors still with a 100% record, although 1 has stepped down which has triggered a by-election (thanks @jtonline )

A few more apologies in November’s meeting. Let’s hope that the upcoming one in February has as close to 100% attendance

2 Likes

Updating as we speak, so figures may be off.

After February’s budget meeting, 1 thing remains certain - Cllr Jane Rich (Bursledon and Hound North) is the only member to have never attended a Full Council meeting this term

1 Like