Conservative letter and flyer (3rd May 2021)

This post is part of a community led project to archive all local political leaflets to improve transparency and enable local discussion. See more

Hit the blue reply button if you have feedback

• Copy paste or upload Direct image links to the leaflet
  • Write up the actual text from the leaflet BELOW all the images to allow better indexing.
  • Keep the write up factual and exact. Don’t write any personal commentary in the first post.

Transcript:

BEN BURCOMBE-FILER Standing for the County seat of FAIR OAK & BISHOPSTOKE
STEVEN BROOMFIELD Standing for the Borough seat of FAIR OAK & HORTON HEATH

Spring 2021
Dear Neighbour,

In a few days’ time, on May 6th, we go to polls for the local elections. This vote comes at a crucial time for Fair Oak, and during our campaign, we’ve been listening to your ideas and concerns.

You told us that you are fed up with; excessive housebuilding on our green fields, congested roads, stretched public services and a debt-laden council which is dominated by one political party, led by the same man for 27 years. So are we.

This election gives us the opportunity to challenge the Liberal Democrat dominance by introducing a Conservative team of local councillors who will work on your behalf. Together, with our Conservative MP, we will implement fresh, innovative ideas to tackle those challenges facing our Borough. We are committed to:

- STANDING UP FOR COMMUNITIES
END excessive housebuilding and PROTECT our greenspaces such as the proposed One Horton Heath project, which threatens to erode the individual identities of our communities.

- GET EASTLEIGH MOVING
IMPROVE our roads and railways to cut travel time, such as resequencing traffic lights and securing the money to finally resurface the M27 with a noise reducing material.

- HAPPIER HEALTHIER LIVES
STRENGTHEN our GP and NHS Services to keep people healthy, by increasing the number of GP appointments, especially in the evenings and on weekends.

As your Conservative team we are ordinary people. We shop locally, have run businesses, worked for charities, served in the police and armed forces and live in Fair Oak and Horton Heath

Therefore, we know it is the little things along your street, that we can change to make a difference. Whether it’s more mobile CCTV to disrupt anti-social behaviour, extra bins to keep our parks clean or a community tidy up to improve the character of Fair Oak village centre.

It’s time for change. Take a stand. Vote Conservative.

Ben & Steve

Conservatives eastleighconservatives.org
The Hill, Upper Northam Close, Hedge End SO30 4BB
Promoted by C Daniel-Hobbs, on behalf of Steven Broomfield and Ben Burcombe-Filer, all of The Hill, Upper Northam Close, Hedge end, SO30 4BB
Printed by SOLOPRESS, 9 Stock Road, Southend-on-Sea SS2 5QF

BEN BURCOMBE-FILER
Standing for the County seat of Bishopstoke and Fair Oak

WE ARE DELIVERING FOR FAIR OAK. NOT BUILDING ON IT.

HGVs and Lorries
HGVs ignoring weight restrictions damage our local roads and generates excessive noise. I want the Police to increase their enforcement of the weight limits already in place and I will lobby for the County Council to review their road planning.

A Better Environment
We have beautiful green spaces, but the centre of our village looks run down. I will secure funding to plant spring bulbs and summer blooms to encourage pollinators to visit our verges. I’ll lobby for an increase in street cleaning, which will reduce the amount of litter on the streets and create a cleaner and tidier feel to the village centre.

Improvements to walkways and cycleways in our area
I want to see safe crossing places on busy roads, particularly in areas near to schools, doctors surgeries and shops. We should be encouraging people to walk and cycle and that’s why I’m calling for more cycle routes and uneven pavements to be repaired.

Stop Overdevelopment
I have seen the destruction of our green spaces over the last 30 years. Enough is enough. I will hold the council to account for their planning decisions and prevent further house building, especially the One Horton Heath proposal.

Southampton Airport
Aviation stared at the site of Southampton Airport in 1910 and Eastleigh has benefitted from the opportunities it has brought for over 100 years. The airport provides jobs and economic growth for the area and will be integral to the success of the Solent Freeport scheme.

Pub Watch
We have a fantastic variety of pubs across Fair Oak and Horton Heath, offering a great range of food and drink enjoyed by our community and those visiting. Implementing a Pub Watch will strengthen the existing effective working relationship between licensees, the council, the Police and residents.

Conservatives

STEVE BROOMFIELD
Standing for the Borough seat of Fair Oak and Horton Heath

ONLY THE CONSERVATIVES CAN BEAT THE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS HERE

These local elections matter. Use your vote to support the Conservatives commitment to Eastleigh for a new and fair approach to housing.

55.4%
29.0%

Source: The 2019 General Election result in Eastleigh

FOR THE BOROUGH SEAT OF FAIR OAK & HORTON HEATH
STEVE BROOMFIELD X

THE COUNTY SEAT OF BISHOPSTOKE & FAIR OAK & HORTON HEATH
BEN BURCOMBE-FILER X

It’s time for change. Take a stand. Vote Conservative.

Promoted by C Daniel-Hobbs, on behalf of Steven Broomfield and Ben Burcombe-Filer, all of Eastleigh Conservative Association, The Hill, Upper Northam Close, Hedge end, SO30 4BB
Printed by SOLOPRESS, 10 Stock Road, Southend-on-Sea SS2 5QF

1 Like