2021 Eastleigh Conservatives Leaflet 4 - "Eastleigh South - Simon Payne (Paul Holmes contributes)"

This post is part of a community led project to archive all local political leaflets to improve transparency and enable local discussion. See more

Hit the blue reply button if you have feedback

Front Page

Back Page

Front Page Transcript

SIMON PAYNE
Your Conservative candidate for EASTLEIGH SOUTH

USE YOUR VOTE AT THE UPCOMING LOCAL ELECTIONS TO SUPPORT
THE CONSERVATIVES COMMITMENT TO EASTLEIGH FOR A NEW AND FAIR APPROACH TO HOUSING

Dear Neighbour
It is my absolute privilege to represent you as your Member of Parliament for Eastleigh. My first 18 months in office has been challenging, but during this time have met many wonderful constituents.

We are making great progress on our plans for the area, whether that is the announcement of the resurfacing of the M27, success in removing Bishopstoke from the Lib Dem local housing plan or securing more funding for our local police and schools.

I have so much more that I want to deliver; reducing the excessive development constantly proposed by our Lib Dem council, more infrastructure for our towns and villages, such as the Government backed Botley bypass and ensuring we have the services that we need.

In order to achieve more for our area, I need Conservative Councillors to make sure that we deliver on your priorities. At present, progress is stifled by our Liberal Democrat Council

That is why I need a strong local Conservative team and I am asking you to give them your vote in May. Together, we can get Eastleigh moving, deliver on the services we need and reduce the overdevelopment of our area.

It is time for change, time to take a stand and time to Vote Conservative.

Paul Holmes
Conservative MP for Eastleigh

VACCINE UPDATE | Eastleigh
Our vaccination programme continues to go from strength to strength. Over 50% of adults have now been vaccinated and with every jab, more and more people are protected from this virus.

Great progress is being made locally as well. More than 50,000 people in Eastleigh Borough have received a jab and Hampshire is 5th for the total number of doses given out of 42 NHS areas.

How to contact us
Email: info@eastleighconservatives.org
Twitter: @Eastleightory
Web: www.conservatives.com
Write: Eastlelgh Conservatives, The HILL, Upper Northam Close, Hedge End SO30 4BB

This leaflet is recyclable

Back Page Transcript
SIMON PAYNE
I have lived here in Eastleigh South for nearly 20 years. I work in the store support office of a major retailer here, and my wife, and 2 of my children, all work in Eastleigh town centre.
I am proud to call Eastleigh my home. We need a more balanced representation on Eastleigh Borough Council, so that we are all heard.

LISTENING I will listen to your issues and keep you updated as we work on them

DECISION MAKING I am willing to make tough choices and decisions to help improve our town

CHALLENGING I am not afraid to ask the awkward questions, to ensure we get things done

PROBLEM SOLVING I fully investigate and get underneath issues, and then ensure the solutions are permanent, not just a temporary fix

As a resident I see first hand, the issues of increasing
growth in the borough and the strains it puts on our
infrastructure and facilities:

My aims are:

Feeling Safe and Secure I want to ensure you feel safe and to enjoy Eastleigh, so will work for additional CCTV and lighting in public areas

Improving Air Quality This is inspired me to get involved with local politics. Air quality has been poor for too long and we now need a clear plan of action with measurable actions.

Simon’s priorities for Eastleigh South
A Better Environment
We have some beautiful green parks, but the centre of our town looks run down. Improvements to verges, planting of spring bulbs and summer blooms, regular visits by street cleaning teams and a general tidy up would make massive improvements.

Extension of Southampton Airport
I want to work with our neighbour the airport, and ensure residents voices and concerns are heard and addressed, before, during and after extension of the runway.

Improvements to walk ways and cycleways in our area.
With so much traffic, pedestrians are ignored. I want to see safe crossing places on busy roads and more thought given to pedestrian and cycling routes.

A NEW AND FAIR APPROACH TO HOUSING
across the Borough of Eastleigh

The excessive housebuilding and continued overdevelopment of our green spaces must end. It is not right that the Liberal Democrat Council are continuing to build above our local housing targets - 49% more in the last three years. We also haven’t had the infrastructure put in place to support this.

We should build our fair share of housing and not exceed targets. We need to invest in our communities to make sure that we have the transport connections, school places and GP appointments to look after local people.

OUR SIX POINT PLAN | Eastleigh South

GET EASTLEIGH MOVING
We want to ease congestion, reduce travel times and deliver better transport links, including footpaths and cycle lanes.

STANDING UP FOR OUR COMMUNITIES
We will oppose excessive housebuilding and overdevelopment on our green fields. Instead, we will build our fair share of new houses to support families who want to live in our community.

PROTECT OUR STREETS
We will work with the Police to combat anti-social behaviour and burglaries. That’s why we’ll deliver more police and community CCTV.

BACKING BUSINESS & BOOSTING JOBS
We led the creation of the Solent Freeport and back the runway extension at Southampton Airport. This will create new jobs, higher wages and support our economic recovery.

INVESTMENT IN SCHOOLS & SKILLS
We’ve delivered an increase in funding for primary and secondary schools and are championing apprenticeships locally.

HAPPIER, HEALTHIER LIVES
We want improved access to local health services and more GP appointments, especially in the evening and at weekends.

2 Likes

Quite a lot of overlap between this and one of @LisaCrosher 's, which is somewhat unfortunate (but on the plus side easier to transcribe)

However, at least its not a blatant copy paste with just the name changes. The back page is what sets them apart, for the most part

1 Like

It would be odd if there weren’t similarities- being able to work towards common goals and benefit from sharing the campaign workload should be one of the advantages of standing as a party candidate.

The six point plan looks more like a wish list to me though, and will be heavily dependent on the Conservative government which is busy tanking the economy.

Paul’s letter and vaccine update probably deserve their own thread :slight_smile: