2021 Eastleigh Conservatives Leaflet 2 - "Eastleigh North - Lisa Crosher"

This post is part of a community led project to archive all local political leaflets to improve transparency and enable local discussion. See more

Hit the blue reply button if you have feedback

Page 1

Page 2

Transcript -
LISA CROSHER
Standing for the Borough seat of Eastleigh North

WE ARE DELIVERING FOR EASTLEIGH NORTH, NOT BUILDING ON IT.

HGVs and Lorries
HGVs ignoring weight restrictions damages our local roads and generates excessive noise. I want the Police to increase their enforcement of the weight limits already in place and I will lobby for the County Council to review their
road planning.

Improvements to walkways and cycleways in our area.
Petitioning for a no through road sign for Boyatt Lane to enable safer walking and cycling in our area. Helping residents ensure that their crossings, drop kerbs and cycleways are in the right places to be utilised effectively.

Chickenhall Lane Link Road
Traffic congestion is a major issue particularly for commuters. Thats why I’m working hard to deliver the previously promised Chickenhall Lane link road to ease traffic on Bishopstoke Road, Twyford Road and Woodside Avenue. This improvement will help ease congestion and get the people of Eastleigh moving

Stop Overdevelopment
I have seen the destruction of our green spaces over the last 30 years. Enough is enough. I will hold the Council to account for their planning decisions and prevent further house building, especially the One Horton Heath proposal

Southampton Airport
Aviation started at the site of Southampton Airport in 1910 and Eastleigh has benefitted from the opportunities it has bought for over 100 years. The airport provides jobs and economic growth for the area and will be integral to the success of the Solent Freeport scheme.

Increase the number of bins for public use
Let’s keep Eastleigh clean and tidy by installing more bins in the area to help create a welcoming space for everyone to enjoy. Protecting the environment and taking pride in our surroundings is very important to ensure future generations can benefit

ONLY THE CONSERVATIVES CAN BEAT THE LIBERAL DEMOCRATS HERE

55.4% (in Blue)
29.0% (in Yellow)

These local elections matter. Use your vote to support the Conservatives commitment to Eastleigh for a new and fair approach to housing.

Source: The 2019 General Election Result in Eastleigh
FOR THE COUNTY SEAT OF EASTLEIGH NORTH & THE BOROUGH SEAT OF EASTLEIGH NORTH
LISA CROSHER

It’s time for change. Take a stand. Vote Conservative.

Promoted by C Daniel-Hobbs, on behalf of Lisa Crosher both of Eastleigh Conservative Association, The Hill Upper Northam Close Hedge End, Southampton S030 4BB.
Printed by SoloPress, 10 Stock Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex SS2 5QF.

1 Like

First of 3 leaflets received today from @PaulHolmes88 and the Conservatives sent to my email address (on my request to put them on Eastleigh Online - other @Cllr s and Parties are open to do the same). Got another 2 to do shortly (another @LisaCrosher one, and one for Simon Payne (Eastleigh South Conservatives))

1 Like

Disappointed to see that Lisa is trying to out do the Lib Dems on annoying bar charts. Here are the results of the last borough elections in Eastleigh North, which tells a very different story. (Does anyone know the results of the last county election?)

Party Candidate Votes
Liberal Democrats Sara Louise Tyson-Payne 1195
Conservative and Unionist Party Simon Payne 297
Independent David John Betts 286
Labour Party Kathy O’Neill 238
UK Independence Party (UKIP) John Gray Smith 229
Green Party Alexander David Hughes 184

I wonder if Lisa will be supporting higher density redevelopment in Eastleigh North in order to protect green spaces elsewhere.

I would also be very interested to know what exactly Lisa will be doing differently that will deliver the Chickenhall link road when the council already support it.

Time for change… how long have we had a Conservative government and Conservative county council?

Last Hampshire County Council elections were done in 2017. This was the result:

EastleighNorth_HCC

1 Like

@jtonline , found out what it’s referring to - Paul Holmes (CON) beat Lynda Murphy (LD) in the 2019 General Elections for Eastleigh’s MP

The margin is as posted by the leaflet (the source is mentioned too). Conservatives held the seat. So nothing to do with Borough or HCC elections specifically

1 Like